11.16.2011

Convention was AWESOME!


Wow.  What a week! I didn't end up getting to listen in on the Board Governance session at GSU while I was volunteering as a teacher's aide.  There was a miscommunication back in the planning stages, and GSUSA didn't realize our Council was going to be supplying volunteers  for that, so they brought their own.  :( But, I certainly didn't get sent home!  Instead I was directing traffic, stuffing tote bags (I did a lot of that), and then acting as a bodyguard - for the bags!  On another shift, I acted as a bodyguard for food and books.  There was a lot of guarding and bag stuffing for me. ;)

I got to work a shift with our Council's camp Rangers and the Salt Lake City team, along with staff members from the National office, and local troop leaders.  Since we were just stuffing tote bags, we did a lot of chatting and having fun.  I really enjoyed it, and enjoyed watching the George R. Brown being transformed from the Quilt Festival to the GS Convention.

Then it was time to actually go visit the Hall of Exhibits with my daughter, as a sneak peek for our troop's visit.  I am SO glad I went.  The GS Shop Megastore had ALL of the skill building activity sets for sale!  So I was able to grab all of the Junior sets.

My Girl's Guide is now packed full, seriously full.  With all three sets of skill builder packs, I can barely turn the pages.  This makes me glad that each badge has its own little packet of information.  Once we have finished a badge, I can remove it from the Guide binder.  I finally feel like I can start planning the rest of the year.

Now, what badge to work on when we go camping at the beach? . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment